ICAEW Women in Leadership Programme (WIL)
Research shows that organisations with women in leadership roles perform better against competition.
Leadership is an internal experience for women and being able to talk about challenges and successes in peer network groups allow women to optimise themselves as leaders.
WIL provides a unique platform for current and future female leaders to share and learn from each other, and also gain external perspective from mentors or coaches. Carefully designed to support you in achieving your career goals, WIL is suitable for women working in any function or sector, whether you are aiming for senior leadership, partner or board-level positions.
The ICAEW is passionate about bridging the gender inequality in leadership roles and understand that the challenges faced by female leaders are different from their male counterparts.
Peer networks are the secret to women achieving their career goals, gaining access and closing the gender equity gap for themselves and each other. The WIL programme offers each delegate four one-to one 90 minute coaching or mentoring sessions with experienced industry leaders selected by ICAEW, over a period of six months.
Some of the mentors are:
- Moira Siddons – NED and Audit Chair of MGM Insurance
- Gill Avery – Change consultant, coach, and mentor
- Mike Bishop – Regional Chair of the EMEA region for Nexia International
- Christine Champion – Strategic Leadership specialist
- Carla Stent – NED and Trustee of Christian Aid (a Women in the City, Woman of Acheivement Category Award Winner)
- Caroline Hudson – UK/ROI Finance Director at Specsavers
- Jan Babiak – Royal Mail board member
WIL isn’t restricted to ICAEW members or, for that matter, women working in financial services.
This is a highly prestigious programme and is worth around £10k.
Click logo to read more.